Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mistaken Identity

It seems we have an interloper. Whether it's my fault or a breach of security, I'm not yet sure.

I posted this guy recently as a Super Marzano:


Super Marzanos are like the Romas you see at the supermarket – longer, more oblong in shape, and fleshier. This specimen doesn't fit that description, but it was early days, what did I know – perhaps he'd stretch and grow into himself, who could say?

And then the tomatoes on the other Super Marzano plant started coming in:


Oh.

So.

Well, whatever – both plants are getting tomatoes, so there's nothing to complain about. But the question becomes, what do I have? Since the greenhouse where I bought these allowed you to literally pull plants out of containers and make-you-own four-packs, I may have picked up someone else's discarded combo platter, and it could be anything. Time will tell.

In other news, first bell pepper!


Brilliant and glorious. When mature, it will be dark purple. I love vegetables of unexpected shapes and colors – it's like the Island of Misfit Toys, but tastier, and with less singing.

And finally, I am coming to you live from the patio, under the green ash, at our bistro set:


Well, actually one of two identical bistro sets because they were so. darn. affordable. (Ikea stalks our dreams and wallets.) And then there's a third one on the front porch, but that is metal and red and a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment