Thursday, June 30, 2011

Garten Update, Late June

New irresistible hydrangeas, sold to me by the enterprising teen at the supermarket:

Icelandic poppies in bloom!




I actually bought two of these. One is thriving the other, not so much. It's like a before and after picture. Except I didn't include the before, only the after.

Vegetable garden slowly going out of control:


Particularly the tomato portion:


First purple pepper!


Serranos taking off:


My new, unknown shrub from my sister-in-law's mother:


And some developing window boxes with E's fabulous shutters:

3 comments:

  1. Sister-in-law's mother wants to know when you'll be by to pick up the ton or so of day lilies she has for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASAP. Does she have any weed prevention tips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Many. Do no ask or she'll ask you where you live and mulch your flower beds for you. She has already said longingly to me, "I wish I knew where E and C live so I could see her yard and help her." Then she gives me eyes. I tell her, "I don't know how to get there. Sorry."

    ReplyDelete