Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dandelions of Doom

"They're saying it's the end times, you know," said the woman cycling past my house to her fellow rider. "What with the war and..."

She trailed off there, but I think she caught sight of our dandelions and considered them proof as well, but didn't want to shame me.

I have spent a good portion of the last two days trying to unearth these subversives, along with masses of wild garlic, from the large flower bed handed down to us by the previous owners. It seems the flowers were so well fed that the dandelions were too. I have pulled up weeds large enough to obscure underground bunkers. The fight is on.

Next on the outdoor agenda is to "turn over" the vegetable garden. Having never done so, I predict at least one minor injury. I'll keep the phone nearby, with 9,1, and 1 dialed so I just have to hit "send."

Edited at 8:05 p.m. to add: Vegetable garden turned. Digits intact. No dialing required. Thankfully, as digit loss may have upped the difficulty of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment