Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spring Has Sprung. I Think.

After a few false starts, it seems like spring may. Actually. Be. Here. From 80 degrees on St. Patty's Day to a late freeze just last weekend. it's been confusing to say the least. But I am taking a gamble and forging ahead.

Last weekend, I stopped at one of my local garden centers/temptation spots just to keep apprised of the current situation. What I found was a price on what I wanted for this year's window boxes I couldn't refuse. So I called Mom, my gardening sensei, for approval.

"It's too early. And there's going to be a freeze tonight."

Then I told her the price.

"You should be able to keep them inside until it gets warmer this week."


So I kept them inside until things warmed up, then on the porch near the house so they could stay warm while getting light until I had time to plant them. Which came today.


And E put them in place:



Love them. Now cross your fingers for me that we don't have late freeze number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment