Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ode to Appliance Joy, Cleanliness Edition

Yesterday was Oktoberfest Christmas here at the House of C and E as this little number appeared on our doorstep, courtesy of St. Fed Ex:


Isn't it glorious? Found it refurbished, and thus much cheaper, online, courtesy of a Facebook post from a friend. It's a slightly older model, but from what I understand, it's all you really need.

Isn't it saying something about me when this is a thrill? 

Here it is after about 90 minutes of work:


More to the point (and I'm almost embarrassed to show you this. Almost.):

Oh yes, it's cruddy, there's no denying. But how satisfying is it to see the fruit of your labors like this? I have a hard time cleaning things that already seem clean. As some of you who have been to my house may have noticed. (But hopefully have not, and if you did, have been kind enough not to tell me. But all is well now –  we're all Dysoned up!)

And where to put the crud once collected? Behold: 

It is ok to think that this is an even more pitiful thing to be excited about than the Dyson. I understand, really. But you will not rain on my parade. No indeed, because while we had a fine green trash can for the kitchen, E and I both agreed that it was a little too utilitarian and not quite purty enough. So on a jaunt to my new favorite store, HomeGoods (no reimbursement provided) on Friday, I found this beauty. It is faux-stainless steel, and by that I mean plastic, so it is both light and very fingerprint resistant. It also has two handles on the inside that, after much fruitless tugging on both of our parts, E realized, were meant to hold the bag in place without having it visible. I unwittingly bought a truly superior can. My kudos to the makers.

More to come as fall clean up continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment