Sunday, August 21, 2011

Shedding

The locust are shedding their now unneeded shells. On our tree.
Yes, the sides and branches of our tree are littered with shells that make it seem as though a retreating army dropped its armor on the way in order to move faster.

A close up:
Lovely.

Similarly, our house just shed something it no longer needed. Can you guess what? Hint:


See those holes to the left of the drainspout? The satellite dish has gone to the mother ship in the sky. Or the top of our garbage bin. Whichever image you prefer. Personally, I prefer this image:
A dish-free house.

(My apologies to all of you who have them, or prefer satellite service. I say, it's a free country and Godspeed. But until I can get a micro-version, or put it somewhere where it is all-but-invisible, I'll pass.)

No comments:

Post a Comment