Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Result

The first produce from the vegetable garden is in!


To add some perspective:


But still. Glee!

So the Sunsugar tomatoes get the yellow jersey in the race to ripeness. (Yes, the Tour de France started this weekend, and we'll be watching for the next few weeks. So relaxing to watch, so ridiculously difficult to ride. Each broadcast has beautiful scenery mixed with brief moments of drama and the occasional fight on wheels. Awesome.)

In news of produce we didn't, well, produce:


As I'm sure I've mentioned, E and I have a black raspberry addiction. The very short growing season for this particular berry makes us go a little overboard. Today we made our annual trip to the local pick-your-own farm and came home with 7.5 pounds of loveliness. What will we make, you ask? Our fingers purple. That's about it. If we get a little crazy, we'll throw some on vanilla ice cream. Outside of that, it's just shoveling them into our mouths as fast as possible without dropping them down the fronts of our shirts. Oh, summer.

1 comment:

  1. You and your black raspberries are my enemies. My nemesi. ARGH, black raspberries, where are you in my life?!

    ReplyDelete