Friday, April 15, 2011

The Deed is Done

Today was the day. An hour of signing, a ridiculously sized check, and it was all over. The house was ours. Here it is:

The door knocker:

The entry way stairwell, with unfortunate carpet:



The living room: fireplace 1, octagonal moulding 0:

Large, deep window at the front of the living room:

Dining room behind the living room:

Kitchen next to the dining room:


Family room next to the kitchen: doors lead to the patio:
The patio:
The maple tree:
The back of the house:
The back of the house from the property line:
And the front again:
As you can see, it needs quite a bit of cosmetic work. There's also a lot of worn out carpeting on the second floor that I haven't shared here. So we have our work cut out for us, but we've been assured that, structurally, the house is pretty sound, so we can concern ourselves with prettying up the joint. Its overwhelming, but exciting too. Fingers crossed.

I can't believe we bought a house. I feel like we got married all over again.

3 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, love it! Did I mention that I love it?

    I see exactly what you see, a nice, solid house that under the powers of C + E will transform into something amazing. Congrats you two. Can't wait to see where you go from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats guys! The house looks like a great canvas that you will be able to make your own.

    I vote to keep that bright blue carpet in the living room, at least until after we throw a "big 80's" party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can bust out my Running Man on a moment's notice...

    ...wait, I guess that's the 90's...

    ReplyDelete